Re: Problem with restore

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Kieran McCusker <kieran(dot)mccusker(at)kwest(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem with restore
Date: 2010-04-20 16:52:43
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

Le 20/04/2010 18:18, Kieran McCusker a écrit :
> [...]
> Sorry if this has been raised before but I have just tried to restore a
> table from one of my schemas.
>
> The problem was that this table name is very common - It is used in many
> schemas as each schema is the data for an individual client.
>
> Restore has the three disabled checkboxes
> Only data (checked)
> Only schema (unchecked)
> Single object (checked)
>
> and then below
> Table (my table name)
>
> I assumed was it was going to restore only the selected table - What it
> actually did was restore all tables with that name!

Yes, the Restore window launches pg_restore with the --table option, but
doesn't specify the schema name.

> This seems confusing at best (and how would you do what I wanted using
> the UI?)

There's no way to do this with the UI. But this is a bug and should be
fixed.

> Shouldn't the schema be checked as well?

Yes.

The good behaviour is already available in the backup window. I just
need to push it also in the restore window. Will do this evening.

--
Guillaume.
http://www.postgresqlfr.org