Re: Virtual table with pl/perl?

From: Rene Schickbauer <rene(dot)schickbauer(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Virtual table with pl/perl?
Date: 2010-04-20 07:10:48
Lists: pgsql-general

Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Rene Schickbauer escribió:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I'm looking into implementing an updateable "virtual" table using pl/perl.
>>
>> What i basically want to do is read out/update some external
>> resources. For programs using the SQL interface, this should look
>> just like a regular table except that it isn't ACID compliant (no
>> rollbacks).
>
> Did you see DBI-Link in pgfoundry.org?

Looks interesting. Thanks.

Though i'm not yet sure i wanna go this way, i'd still have to implement
the database drivers for the stuff i need. Specifically, i need two
things: I need to access external devices via snmp and web, as well as
the ActiveDirectory for our windows domain controllers.

LG
Rene