Re: Int64GetDatum

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Int64GetDatum
Date: 2010-04-17 08:02:52
Lists: pgsql-general

Tom Lane wrote:
> No, but trying to build against a non-self-consistent set of files is
> bad. You really need a pg_config.h that matches the original build of
> the server, and you haven't got that. I think Greg's point is that
> trying to reverse-engineer that file is considerably more risky than
> building your own packages from scratch.

and once again totally concurring with what you are saying... for
laughs, I went ahead and tweaked the fields in a copy of the 32bit
pg_config.h that I suspected were obviously wrong, and rebuilt my module
against that, and it got through most of the pl/java test suite.

so I know I'm on the right track, I just need the right pg_config.h from
Bjorn and all will be well with my world.