non-reproducible failure of random test on HEAD

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: non-reproducible failure of random test on HEAD
Date: 2010-04-12 15:33:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I just did a checkout from HEAD (a few minutes ago) and ran this:

make distclean ; ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/pgsql-serializable
--enable-integer-datetimes --enable-debug --enable-cassert
--enable-depend --with-libxml && make check

I got a failure on the random test. Unfortunately I didn't check
the log before typing:

make check

Nothing compiled or linked, but all tests passed. I tried a couple
more times with everything passing.

This is 32-bit kubuntu 9.10 on a lenovo 8808-8NU, which has two
Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.40GHz and 3GB RAM.

I have never seen this before. Is there something I should do to
follow up on it (other than not blowing away the evidence if I see
it again)?

-Kevin