Re: FW: Postgres cpu & memory usage

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala(at)vmsinfo(dot)com>
To: Machiel Richards <machielr(at)rdc(dot)co(dot)za>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FW: Postgres cpu & memory usage
Date: 2010-04-08 18:49:16
Lists: pgsql-novice

top, iostat, vmstat, sar and system auditing seem to be the best
options. You should also try PGStatspack although the output is much
less detailed than is the case with the original statspack. Here is an
article from a well known SUN expert:

http://blogs.sun.com/glennf/entry/pgstatspack_getting_at_postgres_performance

The product itself is available at PGFoundry.

--

Mladen Gogala
Sr. Oracle DBA