Re: significant slow down with various LIMIT

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "norn" <andrey(dot)perliev(at)gmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: significant slow down with various LIMIT
Date: 2010-04-08 16:44:26
Lists: pgsql-performance

norn <andrey(dot)perliev(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I have some mysterious slow downs with ORDER BY and LIMIT. When
> LIMIT getting greater than some value (greater than 3 in my case),
> query takes 4-5 secs instead of 0.25ms. All of the necessary
> indexes are in place. I have no idea what to do, so any advices
> are welcome!

Could you show us the output from "select version();", describe your
hardware and OS, and show us the contents of your postgresql.conf
file (with all comments removed)? We can then give more concrete
advice than is possible with the information provided so far.

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/SlowQueryQuestions

-Kevin