Re: An I/O error occured while sending to the backend.

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Breno BF <brenobfernandes(at)bsd(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: An I/O error occured while sending to the backend.
Date: 2010-04-07 12:54:10
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On 6/04/2010 11:01 PM, Breno BF wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Craig, since I changed it to info, I could not see nothing in postgres
> logs when the problem occurs.
>
> log_min_messages = info
> log_min_error_statement = info
>
> should I change it to debug?

Er... sure.

Given that both client and server are on the local host I'd really
expect _some_ kind of indication that a backend was going away and
leaving the client without a connection. Clearly the connection pool
behind JPA expects the connection to still be active, and without any
network-layer issues to get in the way, it really must be the backend
dying for some reason.

--
Craig Ringer