Re: "1-Click" installer problems

From: "Nikhil G(dot) Daddikar" <ngd(at)celoxis(dot)com>
To: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: "1-Click" installer problems
Date: 2010-04-06 04:17:05
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Craig,

I have a call with EDB folks in an hour. I will post when I have
something concrete. Meanwhile, if you need anything specific about the
system, please let me know.

I have Vista Business x64 with Microsoft Security Essentials and UAC
turned ON. I have tried (at least) the following:

1. Default install of PG 8.4
2. Install of PG 8.4 in C:\Postgresql
3. Disable MS Security Essentials for C:\Postgresql and reinstall
4. Create a regular (non-admin) posgres user before installation
5. Delete that user and redo installation
6. Disable UAC and install in C:\Postgresql as well as in the default
directory
7. Enabled the "Administrator" user in Vista, logged in as that user
and installed

If you want me to try anything else, I can do that too.

Thanks,
Nikhil