Re: Statistics Collector not collecting server activities

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: gnanam(at)zoniac(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Statistics Collector not collecting server activities
Date: 2010-03-31 09:04:50
Lists: pgsql-admin

Le 31/03/2010 10:58, Gnanakumar a écrit :
> I’m also seeing a weird thing. If I do ‘show stats_start_collector;’ inside
> psql, it says ‘off’.
>
> I’ve also restarted my server many times after making all the changes.
>
> As per 8.2 doc,
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/runtime-config-statistics.htm
> l, stats_start_collector is on by default.

If it is off (as you found with the "show stats_start_collector"
statement), you should getting ride of the # in front of the
stats_start_collector parameter. Ie, you should have

stats_start_collector = on

and not

#stats_start_collector = on

or

#stats_start_collector = off

Once you've done this, restart PostgreSQL and it should work.

--
Guillaume.
http://www.postgresqlfr.org