Re: Got that new server, now it's time for config!

From: Dan Harris <fbsd(at)drivefaster(dot)net>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Got that new server, now it's time for config!
Date: 2010-03-22 23:16:31
Lists: pgsql-performance

On 3/22/10 4:36 PM, Carlo Stonebanks wrote:
> Here we go again!
>
> Can anyone see any obvious faults?
>
> Carlo
>
> maintenance_work_mem = 256MB
I'm not sure how large your individual tables are, but you might want to
bump this value up to get faster vacuums.
> max_fsm_relations = 1000
I think this will definitely need to be increased
> work_mem = 64MB
Most data warehousing loads I can think of will need more work_mem, but
this depends on how large of data sets you are planning to sort.