Request: get rid of annoyance with new SQL window

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Request: get rid of annoyance with new SQL window
Date: 2010-03-19 18:45:08
Lists: pgadmin-support

New annoyance for 1.10.1:

1) connect to a server
2) click on a database
3) click the "SQL" button to open a new SQL window
4) the text of the database definition will be in that SQL window
5) use file ... open to open the file you actually wanted to edit
6) get prompt "The text has changed. Do you want to save the changes?"

This is annoying and unnecessary; when I click the SQL button, I should
get a *blank* query window, as I used to in 1.10.0. I should only get
the object definition if I select "Scripts" from the context menu.

--
-- Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.