Re: definitions of regexp functions required

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Ehsan Haq <ehsan_haq98(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: definitions of regexp functions required
Date: 2010-03-18 17:11:56
Lists: pgsql-general

On 18/03/2010 8:13 PM, Ehsan Haq wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using a relatively older version of Postgres

What version exactly?

> and I need to use the
> following functions.
> regexp_matches(), |regexp_split_to_array()|, and
> |regexp_split_to_table()| . Can anybody provide me the definitions of
> these functions.

They're written in C. You can't simply "CREATE FUNCTION ..." them in an
older version of Pg.

You could possibly port them to an older version as an add-in module
(using pgxs to build it), then load them as C functions. I would be
reluctant to try that myself, though, since you'd just be throwing the
work away when you upgrade.

--
Craig Ringer