Re: Graphical Query Builder - usage stats?

From: Julius Tuskenis <julius(at)nsoft(dot)lt>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Graphical Query Builder - usage stats?
Date: 2010-03-15 08:54:12
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hello,

I don't usually use the builder, but sometimes it is convenient for long
table/column names having queries. I'd like to propose some improvements
to it:
1. Why not join the selected tables if they are related over foreign
key? Usually well designed database uses FK to keep relations in order,
so when you drop a new table to a query builder window there could be
checked if the table can be linked to the already used tables in builder.
2. I think, that tables should be linked using join statement, not the
where clause. That way we could have left, right and inner joins easily.

I think these 2 impovements would make the builder more usable :).

Thank you for the tool anyway. Great job :)

--
Julius Tuskenis
Programavimo skyriaus vadovas