Re: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Protocol error. Session setup failed

From: dmp <danap(at)ttc-cmc(dot)net>
To: Guillaume Cottenceau <gc(at)mnc(dot)ch>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Protocol error. Session setup failed
Date: 2010-03-10 17:30:08
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

This output error is total unrelated to your original error and does not
involve
the jdbc. Perhaps you should back out and try from simple to more
complicated.

1. Connect on the local system with psql
2. Create a simple application, not using a servlet, and try connecting.
You can use the sample main as I posted to do this or your own code.
3. Make sure a simple servlet, not using the database is working.

> Hi,
> Following is the error report:
>
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP:
>
> An error occurred at line: 13 in the jsp file: /jsp/pgtest.jsp
> Properties cannot be resolved to a type
> 10: {
> 11: Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver");
> 12: String url =
> "jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/postgres?user=postgres&password=major";
> 13: Properties props = new Properties();
> 14: props.setProperty("loglevel","2");
> 15: Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection(url, props);
> 16: }

I'm in agreement with Maciek comments here. I can not duplicate
your PSQLException with problem with Class.forName or any other
invalid input for connection.

danap