Re: Trying to build pgadmin

From: Ilan Volow <listboy(at)clarux(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Trying to build pgadmin
Date: 2010-03-09 17:41:10
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On 3/9/10 12:22 PM, Dave Page wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 5:07 PM, Ilan Volow<listboy(at)clarux(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> I recently decided to look into the possibility of doing some hacking on
>> pgadmin to add some features/fixes that I've wanted. I'm trying to build
>> pgadmin on OS X (10.6 Snow Leopard) using the EnterpriseDB Postgres Plus
>> distribution and the latest svn checkout. I followed the instructions for OS
>> X to the tee, I set the PG_HOME variable to /Library/PostgresPlus/8.3, but I
>> still got configure errors complaining about the postgresql directory not
>> being present. I even tried passing in the --with-pgsql=DIR parameter, but
>> it didn't make any difference. I'm stumped, because far as I know, I have
>> all of the necessary libraries to build pgadmin with the stock install of
>> snow leopard and the enterprise db install. I suppose I could download all
>> the complete source trees for WxMac, Postgresql, libxml, etc, but I'm trying
>> to take the easiest route first.
>>
> I have a sneaking recollection that PostgresPlus 8.3 on Mac didn't
> support being used for building extensions or third party apps due to
> the way the library paths were configured. What's the output from:
>
> otool -L /Library/PostgresPlus/8.3/lib/libpq.5.dylib

Here's the output:

/Library/PostgresPlus/8.3/lib/libpq.5.dylib:
/Library/PostgresPlus/8.3/lib/libpq.5.dylib (compatibility version
5.0.0, current version 5.1.0)
/usr/lib/libssl.0.9.7.dylib (compatibility version 0.9.7, current
version 0.9.7)
/usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.7.dylib (compatibility version 0.9.7,
current version 0.9.7)
/System/Library/Frameworks/Kerberos.framework/Versions/A/Kerberos
(compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.0.0)
/usr/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current
version 1.0.0)
/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current
version 88.3.11)

-- Ilan