Re: Follow-up on "Query tool layout issues"

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Follow-up on "Query tool layout issues"
Date: 2010-03-08 18:04:59
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Le 08/03/2010 11:24, Dave Page a écrit :
> On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 5:22 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> [...]
>>> BTW, on OSX, the tabset overflows the width of the dialogue now. Can
>>> we widen the dialogue, and perhaps move all the colour options onto
>>> one tab?
>>
>> I need to add 50% of the size of the dialog to get something good
>> enough. You'll find another patch for this, but I'll need to do better.
>> The dialog is usable with this patch, but it's not pretty. I'll work
>> more on this by adding sizers, but I should probably work on more
>> important items right now (exclusion constraint and other 9.0 new stuff).
>
> I wonder if the time has come to redesign it to use a listbox full of
> checkboxes/strings like some other programs do. Or replace the tabs
> with a treeview-like page browser. Or a combination of the two, like
> Visual Studio (iirc).

I'll try to do something based on that. My first idea was something like
wxPropertyGrid
(http://wxpropgrid.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/index?page=about), I suppose
also this is what you wanted to say with the VisualStudio stuff.

>> To test my code, don't forget to update xrcDialogs.cpp. I don't do it to
>> keep low the size of my patches.
>
> I'm sure it's fine - please go ahead and commit if you're happy. I
> don't have too many free cycles right now, and don't want to delay
> your work.

OK, commit done. I did one commit per patch because I find it easier to
understand the different steps.

--
Guillaume.
http://www.postgresqlfr.org