Re: Removing Sun from the "Professional Support" pages ?

From: damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL WWW List <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Removing Sun from the "Professional Support" pages ?
Date: 2010-03-04 13:59:54
Lists: pgsql-www

Magnus Hagander a écrit :
> 2010/3/4 damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>:
>> hi guys,
>>
>> Is it possible to remove Sun Microsystems from the various professional
>> support pages :
>>
>> http://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_support_africa
>> http://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_support_asia
>> etc.
>>
>> It seems quite irrelevant now.
>
> Yeah, seems reasonable to me - AFAIK they don't take any new contract.
> Can someone from Sun, or someone who knows for sure, confirm that?
>
> (same goes for the sponsorship page)

I'm not so sure about the sponsor page.

While it's right to remove them from the professionnal support pages if
they don't do it anymore, the title of "silver sponsor" rewards
"Entities who have provided at least 1 full year of significant and
recurring contribution to PostgreSQL." which remains true.

Maybe it's interesting to keep track of this, in an historical perspective.