sql-files with control characters at the beginning

From: Andreas Laggner <andreas(dot)laggner(at)vti(dot)bund(dot)de>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: sql-files with control characters at the beginning
Date: 2010-02-24 14:50:51
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi List,

i want to execute my sql-files, written with pgadmin 1.10.0 (from
binaries for openSuse 11.2 64bit) directly on the server via nohup. But
since 1.10 (i never had that problem in 1.08) the sql-file saved by
pgadmin begins with 3 control characters. I can only see these
characters, if i open the sql-file with mc and go to edit hexadecimal -
i can replace these three by 20 20 20 (three space) and then i can run
the sql-file, otherwise psql returns: syntax error at or near <feff>.
This occurs on openSuse 11.2 64bit and on openSuse 11.1 64bit. Why puts
pgadmin thiese three characters to my files??

cheers Andreas

--
Dipl. Geoökologe Andreas Laggner

Institut für Agrarrelevante Klimaforschung (AK) des vTI
Arbeitsgruppe Emissionsinventare
Johann Heinrich von Thünen-Institut (vTI),
Bundesforschungsinstitut für Ländliche Räume, Wald und Fischerei

Institute of Agricultural Climate Research (AK) of the vTI
Johann Heinrich von Thünen-Institute (vTI),
Federal Research Institute for Rural Areas, Forestry and Fisheries

Bundesallee 50
D-38116 Braunschweig

Tel.: (+49) (0)531 596 2636
Fax : (+49) (0)531 596 2645
E-mail: andreas(dot)laggner(at)vti(dot)bund(dot)de
Homepage: http://www.vti.bund.de