Re: CVS checkout source code for different branches

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: M Z <jm80008(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: CVS checkout source code for different branches
Date: 2010-02-09 04:56:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The only sane things to check out apart from HEAD are normally the
STABLE branches. For release m.n those are always called RELm_n_STABLE.
You can also get the tag set for a specific release. Those are called
RELm_n_o for m.n.o releases.

If you look at the output for "cvs log configure.in" you can see near
the top a list of tag sets under the heading "symbolic names".

HTH.