Re: Linux I/O tuning: CFQ vs. deadline

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org, Albe Laurenz <laurenz(dot)albe(at)wien(dot)gv(dot)at>
Subject: Re: Linux I/O tuning: CFQ vs. deadline
Date: 2010-02-09 04:16:13
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hannu Krosing wrote:
> Have you kept trace of what filesystems are in use ?

Almost everything I do on Linux has been with ext3. I had a previous
diversion into VxFS and an upcoming one into XFS that may shed more
light on all this.

And, yes, the whole I/O scheduling approach in Linux was just completely
redesigned for a very recent kernel update. So even what we think we
know is already obsolete in some respects.

--
Greg Smith 2ndQuadrant Baltimore, MD
greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com www.2ndQuadrant.com