Re: Confusion over Python drivers

From: Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)it>
To: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Marko Kreen <markokr(at)gmail(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Tim Bunce <Tim(dot)Bunce(at)pobox(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Confusion over Python drivers
Date: 2010-02-08 09:06:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi there,

Greg Smith ha scritto:
>> Looks like the first action item is to talk with the Psycopg people
>> about their license.
>
> Oh: and I'm going to take care of this. License changes can be a
> very sensitive topic and I'm told that discussion probably needs to
> happy in Italian too; I can arrange that.

I can try and help with this issue, given my role with the Italian
PostgreSQL community and PostgreSQL business with 2ndQuadrant Italia. I
have met Psycopg's developer a couple of times at open-source
conferences. I have great respect for his work and his contribution in
the open-source community, and I will be very happy to try and explain
the situation to him.

I will keep you posted.

Ciao,
Gabriele