Re: CommitFest Status Summary - 2010-02-03

From: Mark Cave-Ayland <mark(dot)cave-ayland(at)siriusit(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: CommitFest Status Summary - 2010-02-03
Date: 2010-02-04 13:25:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Robert Haas wrote:

> Here's an overview of where we stand with the remaining 14 patches,
> according to my best understanding of the situation.

> * rbtree - I have done a lot of work reviewing this, and Mark
> Cave-Ayland has done some work on it, too. But there are some
> unanswered performance questions that need to be addressed before
> commit. This is another one that could really use some more eyes on
> it.

> * knngist - The third remaining big patch. Mark Cave-Ayland
> volunteered to review this one, too, but so far no review has been
> posted on -hackers. I know that the PostGIS folks would really like
> to have this, but time is growing short.

Yes. I'm currently working on the knngist patch now, although sadly work
got side-tracked onto the rbtree patch since it is a requirement for the
knngist patch.

Now that the rbtree patch is in reasonably good shape, I intend to focus
the rest of my time working on the knngist patch exclusively.

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk