Re: Feature request: context menu column sorting

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Thom Brown <thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, pgadmin-support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Feature request: context menu column sorting
Date: 2010-02-03 18:56:37
Lists: pgadmin-support

Le 03/02/2010 15:32, Thom Brown a écrit :
> On 3 February 2010 14:01, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
>>> For example, if I select the
>>> equivalent of B4 through C10, upon right-clicking on that range I'd
>>> want to see an option that would let me copy what has been selected.
>>
>> I'm not sure where the disabled cut/copy/paste context menu is coming
>> from. I assume it must be in wxWidgets but... what OS are you using?
>
> At work, Windows. The disabled context menu comes when right-clicking
> on the header. The frmEditGrid::OnLabelRightClick function shows
> these being intentional.

Just got home. This thread is interesting. It's been quite some time
that I wanted to create our own wxGrid widget. Something that will allow
us to sort, filter more easily than the one we have now. Now that I know
how to build a custom widget, it should be simpler. But I didn't find
the time to work on this (alas, there are lots of things like that).

--
Guillaume.
http://www.postgresqlfr.org