Re: Hot Standby: Relation-specific deferred conflict resolution

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hot Standby: Relation-specific deferred conflict resolution
Date: 2010-01-29 10:20:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-01-29 at 11:10 +0100, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
>
>> yeah and we keep finding major bugs nearly daily
>
> Facts, please?

5 seconds of time spent on archives.postgresql.org show at least the
following SR/HS related bugs in the last 7 days or so:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2010-01/msg00400.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2010-01/msg00410.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2010-01/msg00396.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2010-01/msg00323.php

some of those you might call "minor" but they are bugs and given the
current rate we are seeing them is imho a clear sign of "code by far not
stable enough to consider new features that late in the cycle"

Stefan