Re: Wanted: new project slogan

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Wanted: new project slogan
Date: 2010-01-26 18:53:33
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
> PostgreSQL: The most powerful software you can't pronounce

I don't think you're fully taking advantage of the opportunity to
advance your name change agenda into the slogan with:

PostgreSQL: It's OK to call it Postgres, just not Postgre

I'm not sure if it's a great idea to drag this never ending thread along
here--I can see some of the business types who I know follow along here
just unsubscribing over a flood of messages from this list. I'd think
that a blog posting from someone interested in collecting slogan ideas
would be a better way to collect up initial brainstorming ideas from the
community at large, rather than this list which isn't that well
populated really.

--
Greg Smith 2ndQuadrant Baltimore, MD
greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com www.2ndQuadrant.com