Re: Ticket 102: Allow more complex user/database default GUC settings

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Ticket 102: Allow more complex user/database default GUC settings
Date: 2010-01-23 15:48:02
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi,

Le 21/01/2010 22:34, Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
> [...]
> It took me one more day than I previously thought. Anyways, here it is.
> I checked every I could (apart from checking on Windows and Mac OS X
> because I don't have those in my hotel room...).
>
> There is not much to say on this patch. It changes the Role and Database
> dialogsbut not that much. Should work on 9.0 (obviously), and previous
> releases.
>
> Comments?

I have one :)

I have an issue with it. Let's say I changed a database setting for one
user (ALTER ROLE u1 ON DATABASE db1 SET param=value). When I click OK on
the dialog, I get back to the browser. The SQL pane of the database db1
object shows my change, the SQL pane of the user u1 pane doesn't. We
need a refresh of the user when we change the database, and vice-versa.
Won't be done today unfortunately.

--
Guillaume.
http://www.postgresqlfr.org