Re: Two unrelated issues

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Two unrelated issues
Date: 2010-01-20 07:01:55
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Le 20/01/2010 07:35, Ashesh Vashi a écrit :
> Hi Guillaume,
>

>> The second one is completely unrelated. I found this line in
>> pgadmin/ctl/ctlCombobox.cpp:
>>
>> #ifdef __WXGTK__
>> SetEditable(false);
>> #endif
>>
> As long as I remember, we found that auto-completion does not work properly
> (not as expected in better manner) in the combo-box under GTK.
>
> Hence, we decided to make the combo-box read-only at that time, until we get
> some proper solution.

I understand that. I still think it is simpler to allow typing in the
combobox I can type "text" quicker than selecting "text" item in the
combobox (and way way more quicker if I need the serial pseudo-type).
Moreover, we have the GuessedSelection functions to check what the user
types in, don't we?

--
Guillaume.
http://www.postgresqlfr.org