Re: MySQL-ism help patch for psql

From: Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com>
To: David Christensen <david(at)endpoint(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Subject: Re: MySQL-ism help patch for psql
Date: 2010-01-19 19:59:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

David Christensen escreveu:
> I whipped up a quick patch for supporting some of the common mysql-based
> "meta" commands; this is different than some things which have been
> discussed in the past, in that it provides just a quick direction to the
> appropriate psql command, not an actual alternative syntax for the same
> action. This is not intended to be comprehensive, but just to provide
> proper direction

This idea was proposed and rejected later; search the archives. IMHO it's more
appropriated for a wiki page than a PostgreSQL-*especific* help command. If we
do that, we'll see requests like "why don't you add _my-favorite-db-here_ help
too?". So, -1.

--
Euler Taveira de Oliveira
http://www.timbira.com/