Re: Clearing global statistics

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Clearing global statistics
Date: 2010-01-17 23:52:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Maybe this should be "Unrecognized reset target: %s", target, and also
> a errhint() saying which targets are allowed. Thoughts?

That seems reasonable. The other thing I realized is that I forgot to
add the new function to the right place in doc/src/sgml/func.sgml :

<indexterm>
<primary>pg_stat_reset_shared</primary>
</indexterm>

I can send an updated patch with both of these things fixed tomorrow.
Given that we're talking 5 lines of change here, if it's easier for you
to just patch a working copy you've already started on that's fine too.

--
Greg Smith 2ndQuadrant Baltimore, MD
greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com www.2ndQuadrant.com