Re: BUG #5278: Postgres hangs / crashes every day

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Murali Mohan Nareddy" <nmmreddy11(at)hotmail(dot)com>, <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #5278: Postgres hangs / crashes every day
Date: 2010-01-15 16:45:09
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Murali Mohan Nareddy <nmmreddy11(at)hotmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Do any of the problems I am facing are fixed in a recent release
> so that I can upgrade to that release?

You're taking a big risk if you don't update, even though your
immediate problems seem to be caused by the AV software. To view
the bugs which have been fixed, along with new features, start at
the top of this page and follow all the links until you get to your
release number:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/release.html

When you hit a description of any bug which scares you, it's time to
stop reading and schedule the upgrade.

> Yesterday night while I was working on this system, I discovered
> that a Windows Junction Point was configured. Are there any known
> issues when a windows junction point is configured to the Postgres
> folder?

I don't use Windows, but I've heard that they work fine. Have you
configured the AV software to ignore both sides of the junction
points?

-Kevin