Imagine this scenario:
1. Master is up and running, standby is connected and streaming happily
2. Network goes down, connection is broken.
3. Standby falls behind a lot. Old WAL files that the standby needs are
archived, and deleted from master.
4. Network is restored. Standby reconnects
5. Standby will get an error because the WAL file it needs is not in the
What will currently happen is:
6, Standby retries connecting and failing indefinitely, until the admin
What we would *like* to happen is:
6. Standby fetches the missing WAL files from archive, then reconnects
and continues streaming.
Can we fix that?
pgsql-hackers by date
|Next:||From: Boszormenyi Zoltan||Date: 2010-01-14 14:15:49|
|Subject: Re: patch to implement ECPG side tracing / tracking ...|
|Previous:||From: Matteo Beccati||Date: 2010-01-14 14:08:22|
|Subject: Re: mailing list archiver chewing patches|