Re: pgFoundry Download URLs

From: damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)justatheory(dot)com>, Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Guillaume Smet <guillaume(dot)smet(at)gmail(dot)com>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgFoundry Download URLs
Date: 2010-01-06 10:27:43
Lists: pgsql-www

Josh Berkus a écrit :
> Josh, Stefan,
>
>>> 1) a place for less offical mailing lists (e.g. non-permanent
>>> non-(at)postgresql(dot)org mailing lists) which can be created without the
>>> whole process required for a new "official" list. Note that many of
>>> these lists are not related to any code development project.
>> Not sure why this is needed, everyone of the sites listed above provides
>> mailing list capability.
>
> You didn't read the whole thing: "Note that many of these lists are not
> related to any code development project."
>
> For example:
> funds-group
> eu-conference
> press-regional
> etc.

hi guys,

While i don't have a strong opinion on this whole thread, i really think
that local tools ( mailing-lists, websites ) should be handled by local
communities.

For example, the .fr platform already offers mailing-lists since 2006
and so far we have 9 active lists. PG Europe also has its own ressources.

From my perspective, i don't see the need of another centralized
mailing-list system on .org

Even if the project is small and people don't want to manage a
mailing-list software themself, there are free mailing-lists services
out there ( yahoogroups and google groups are obvious ,but there are
alternatives too )