Re: pgFoundry Download URLs

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgFoundry Download URLs
Date: 2010-01-05 23:32:16
Lists: pgsql-www

Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
> Rather than the hard to navigate and hard to find software
> catalogoue (or however Dave spells it :), let's create a page on the
> wiki that lists all interesting and active Postgres related projects.
> Not a category, not a set of pages, a single page. There are probably at most 50 such projects

Here's a stub page for discussion:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Add-Ons_and_Tools

Upthread I estimated the number of projects as being between 50 and 100,
so your take on the scope is similar to mine. The hard part here will
be accurately determining the version compatibility situation of each
project. This is IMHO one of the most important things the community
needs to be better about labeling anyway. I see Ron already chimed in
with a similar sentiment.

--
Greg Smith 2ndQuadrant Baltimore, MD
greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com www.2ndQuadrant.com