Re: Tuplestore should remember the memory context it's created in

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Tuplestore should remember the memory context it's created in
Date: 2009-12-22 20:37:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> Got it. So doesn't tuplesort have the same issue?

Tuplesort has the same general problem that the caller of puttuple needs
to be in the right resource owner. Which ought to be fixed, especially
since tuplesort doesn't require that for the memory context anymore.

But we don't use tuplesort to return tuples from functions, so it's not
broken in a user-visible way. Unless you can think of another scenario
like that.

> The patch definitely requires more than zero comments.

Sure.

--
Heikki Linnakangas