Re: SE-PostgreSQL/Lite Review

From: KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: SE-PostgreSQL/Lite Review
Date: 2009-12-17 01:06:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

(2009/12/12 6:27), Robert Treat wrote:
>> One point. I'd like to introduce a use case without row-level granularity.
>>
>> The page.24 in this slide:
>> http://sepgsql.googlecode.com/files/JLS2009-KaiGai-LAPP_SELinux.pdf
>>
>> shows SELinux performs as a logical wall between virtual domains in
>> web-services. Unlike physical database separation, it also allows to
>> share a part of files/tables from multiple virtual hosts, because of
>> its flexibility.
>>

> I got the impression that this is doable with current SEPostgres stuff, would
> be nice to see a little more detailed writeup on how to do it. Especially if
> it could be linked to the hosting providors page in the wiki.

Sorry, I missed to reply your message.

It needs to set up apache and selinux support module (mod_selinux.so)
correctly. This wiki article introduce the way to set up per virtualhost
separation using SELinux.

http://code.google.com/p/sepgsql/wiki/Apache_SELinux_plus?wl=en#Per_virtual-host_separation

Thanks,
--