Re: Open Source BI Tool

From: Steve Atkins <steve(at)blighty(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Open Source BI Tool
Date: 2010-04-27 17:12:31
Lists: pgsql-general

On Apr 27, 2010, at 9:33 AM, akp geek wrote:

> Hi all -
>
> I would like to know, if there is a open source BI tool for creating reports against Postgres database ? appreciate your help

Pentaho, BIRT, JasperReports (and associated tools like iReport), JFreeReport, DataVision, OpenReports, FreeReportBuilder, rlib, fyiReporting and xTuple are some to take a look at. There's a lot of overlap and repackaging of much the same underlying engines in there.

The first three are the most commonly mentioned.

Cheers,
Steve