Re: tsearch parser inefficiency if text includes urls or emails - new version

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Greg Smith" <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>,"Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Andres Freund" <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>,<oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>, <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: tsearch parser inefficiency if text includes urls or emails - new version
Date: 2009-12-08 19:55:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> --enable-cassert might have a noticeable performance impact.
> We usually try to not have that on when doing performance testing.

Right. I turned it on for some initial tests to confirm that we had
no assertion failures; then turned it off for the performance
testing. I did leave --enable-debug on during performance testing.
My understanding is that debug info doesn't affect performance, but
I guess it never hurts to try an empirical test to confirm.

-Kevin