Re: What packages I need to install to get Postgres working

From: "Jean-Yves F(dot) Barbier" <12ukwn(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andre Lopes <lopes80andre(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: rod(at)iol(dot)ie, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What packages I need to install to get Postgres working
Date: 2009-12-06 22:21:59
Lists: pgsql-general

Andre Lopes a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I have installed postgresql 8.3, and now, what I need to do to get
> things working? Install PGAdmin? Or there are other steps I need to do

Daemons are active as soon as installation is completed.

> to get things working? For example, how can I define the password for
> access as sysadmin?

No (IF bubuntu is alike Debian): 'postgres' user don't have a password,
just:
su - (to become root)
su postgres

at this step you're postgres user and can make whatever you want
(even crap: remember Linux consider if you have the right to
become a superuser, you're considered as a responsible user
and have the right to do everything...)

--
Baltimore, n.:
Where the women wear turtleneck sweaters to hide their flea collars.