Proposing new logline_prefix escape...

From: Jon Erdman <jon(at)progressivepractice(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Proposing new logline_prefix escape...
Date: 2009-12-03 01:02:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

So...

Came across a situation today where I would have liked to know the
effective role of a query because of a permission error. When I went to
add that to the logline_prefix, I realized that right now all we have is
%u which gives you the equivalent of session_user...I think it would be
useful to have one for current_user, for situations like mine where a
function was changing the effective role.

Thoughts? Disagreements? Flames?
--

Jon T Erdman

Chief Information Officer