JDBC index metadata filter_condition

From: Mark Kirkwood <mark(dot)kirkwood(at)catalyst(dot)net(dot)nz>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: JDBC index metadata filter_condition
Date: 2009-12-02 04:23:20
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I'm investigating a Java based schema designer tool which uses the JDBC
metadata API for most of its information gathering. I notice that the
filter_condition field returned in the getIndexInfo() method's
resultset is always null. It seems straightforward to fix this (see
attached patch)

I've specified 7.4 as the earliest server version that will try to
populate this field - even tho it looks like 7.3 might work (do we care
about 7.3 and earlier?)

regards

Mark

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgjdbc-filter-1.patch.gz application/x-gzip 537 bytes