Re: Next patch

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-rrreviewers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Next patch
Date: 2009-11-28 01:16:41
Lists: pgsql-rrreviewers

Jeff Davis wrote:
> I'm ready to review the next patch. I'm interested in the partitioning
> patches, so if there aren't already plenty of people looking at those, I
> can take a shot at it. I also may be able to look at Synch Rep, if it
> would be helpful.

You can certainly grab any of those you like. I think the learning
curve is pretty steep though, as both have known issues that are being
corrected by the author already and it might take you a while to catch up.

> Also, is there any version of fault-tolerant copy up for review this
> commitfest?

No, but that's just because Emmanuel got frustrated with the community
reaction and didn't bother resubmitting. You can see the history there
at https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=173 and where
that left off at. If you wanted to take a stab at improving the patch
to incorporate the feedback provided, and potentially do things like
merge with Andrew Dunstan's "Ragged CSV Import" feature, I think that
would be an excellent project for you to work on (particularly since it
would benefit Truviso too). I think that some of it might cross-over
with the work being done on "COPY FROM function" too.

--
Greg Smith 2ndQuadrant Baltimore, MD
greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com www.2ndQuadrant.com