Re: Wiki page on vacuum full

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Wiki page on vacuum full
Date: 2009-11-26 07:29:38
Lists: pgsql-general

Craig Ringer wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> Since it seems to come up a lot, I've added some info on the pitfalls of
> VACUUM FULL to the wiki:
>
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/index.php?title=VACUUM_FULL

Similarly, a page on tools to collect and analyze performance data at
the system level - ie outside Pg its self:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Performance_Analysis_Tools

since there doesn't seem to be any good central resource for them at the
moment.

I'm sure you folks know of other great tools, and I'd really appreciate
your adding them or fleshing out the rather brief descriptions of what's
there already. I'll be adding more to the descriptions and adding advice
on using the tools and interpreting the results too, but would love help.

--
Craig Ringer