Re: DBD::Pg 2.15.1 compilation failed

From: Alexandra Roy <Alexandra(dot)Roy(at)bull(dot)net>
To: Albe Laurenz <laurenz(dot)albe(at)wien(dot)gv(dot)at>
Cc: Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: DBD::Pg 2.15.1 compilation failed
Date: 2009-11-24 16:19:07
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Laurenz, hi all,

Laurenz, you are right once again !! By default, perl is 32-bit in AIX
5.3 !
The 64-bit and 32-bit versions are packaged together, with the 32-bit
version being the default version. Both versions reside under the
/usr/opt/perl5 directory. Both versions are Perl thread capable, built
using the newer ithreads (interpreter threads), and have built-in
support for PerlIO.

Switching to use the 64-bit version only requires redirecting the Perl
symbolic links in /usr/bin to point to the 64-bit versions of the same
command in /usr/opt/perl5/bin.

=> I thought that I was using perl 64-bit but it was not the case :-(

All the builts I did, for DBI, DBD::Oracle, etc..., have been done with
perl 32-bits...
But Oracle is 64 bit and PostgreSQL 8.3.8 has been built in 64 bit too.
I will uninstall the perl modules and re-try in 64-bit.
I will tell you if I manage to do it.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Alexandra

--
Alexandra ROY
Database Competence Center

Bull, Architect of an Open World TM
Phone: 04 76 29 77 01
http://www.bull.com

This e-mail contains material that is confidential for the sole use of
the intended recipient. Any review, reliance or distribution by others
or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all
copies.