pgsql-odbc bug querying VIEWs

From: Mahlon Stacy <mcs(at)mayo(dot)edu>
To: "'pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgsql-odbc bug querying VIEWs
Date: 2003-06-04 14:03:20
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I have created a postgres VIEW for a user into a set of tables,
and want to provide the user access from ODBC on Windows. The
query into the VIEW fails, however, with the following message:

Microsoft Query: Error: No such attribute as bdstatview.oid

I am not requesting an explicit query on the OID. I am only requesting
retrieval of the columns listed in the view.

Queries into the other (real) tables in the same database work fine.

pgsql-odbc version 7.02.00.05
Postgresql version 7.3.2-1
Windows OS XP Pro
DB Server OS Red Hat Linux 8.0

I have tried restricting the query to a small subset of the VIEW columns,
same result. I have also turned on Fake OIDs in the ODBC config and re-run
the query, same results.

I cannot access the pgsql-odbc server this morning to see if there
is a later version of the driver.

-Mahlon
Mahlon Stacy Internet: mcs(at)mayo(dot)edu
Mayo Foundation (507) 284-4558
Medical Science Bldg 1-43 FAX (507) 284-1632
Rochester, MN 55905