Re: get the copy of a schema

From: Raymond O'Donnell <rod(at)iol(dot)ie>
To: vaniShree <shreevani04(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: get the copy of a schema
Date: 2009-11-19 19:23:48
Lists: pgadmin-support

On 19/11/2009 19:10, vaniShree wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am novice to postgres.I am trying to get the copy of the schema with
> data.I am using Pgadmin.PLease help me to get the copy of the schema.

You probably want the backup function - right-click on a database in the
tree view, then select "Backup".

This function just calls pg_dump, which is the standard Postgres backup
tool, and all the options in this dialogue correspond to pg_dump
options, so you should read up on pg_dump:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/app-pgdump.html

I hope this helps.

Ray.

--