Seeking Consultant to Review Sharding Plans, Architecture

From: Amanda B Hickman <amanda(at)documentcloud(dot)org>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Seeking Consultant to Review Sharding Plans, Architecture
Date: 2009-11-19 17:12:21
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Seeking a Postgres Expert (or tips on how and where to find a Postgres
expert):

http://www.documentcloud.org/blog/2009/11/17/seeking-consultants/

DocumentCloud (http://www.documentcloud.org) seeks a Postgres expert to
consult with our lead developer on our architecture plans and help us
evaluate our replication plans.

We are a group of journalists and coders at the New York Times and
ProPublica with a 2-year grant from the Knight Foundation to develop a
shared index of primary source documents used in investigative reporting
work. DocumentCloud will be a research tool for reporters, a semantic
search engine (via OpenCalais), and a participant in the web of linked
data. DocumentCloud will be free and open source software. You can
review our code releases to date at http://github.com/documentcloud
We're based in New York City but open to considering consultants who aren't.

We seek an expert-level PostgreSQL Consultant: someone with experience
working with sharded Postgres installations, skilled at tuning Postgres
for full text searches over very large datasets (potentially approaching
hundreds of thousands of documents) and well versed in best practices
for deploying Postgres on EC2.

If you think you might be a good fit, please forward your resume, a rate
quote and a short description of particularly relevant work to:
jobs(at)documentcloud(dot)org with "Postgres Consultant" in the subject line.

--
Amanda B Hickman

tel 917 655 2579