Re: CommitFest expectations

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CommitFest expectations
Date: 2009-11-17 23:41:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Robert Haas wrote:
> This expresses my feelings on the topic exactly, and perhaps merits
> inclusion in a Wiki page someplace. Maybe we need to have a wiki page
> on commitfest rules & expectations.

I put a note at
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Submitting_a_Patch#Submission_timing
which seems the logical place to warn people about patch submission
guidelines; there was already one there about avoiding submissions
during the beta I moved into the new section.

There's still some debris from the old wiki-based CommitFest approach
floating around the wiki that makes it harder to figure out how things
fit together than it should be. I started cleaning that up with
refreshing http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/CommitFest , which is
probably the right place to document general rules and expectations better.

--
Greg Smith 2ndQuadrant Baltimore, MD
greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com www.2ndQuadrant.com