Re: New mug design

From: damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <adsmail(at)wars-nicht(dot)de>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New mug design
Date: 2009-11-16 09:05:01
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Josh Berkus a écrit :

> Just an elephant-logo mug probably won't go very far here; we were
> practically forcing the EDB mugs on people (for free) once we got to the
> last box.
>
> Idea for a new mug design: do an instructional one of psql shortcuts,
> per the vi coffee mug:

Why not : INSERT INTO me VALUES('coffee','sugar');

:P

> http://www.thinkgeek.com/interests/exclusives/7bbe/
>
> The other option in the US would be an *inexpensive* travel mug made
> from recycled plastic, if we could locate such a thing; then we'd be
> "green conferencing".

From my own experience, the current mugs from kernel-concepts are pretty
fragile. I don't have precise figures but i would say that 1 of 12 is
broken, chipped or breached out-of-the-box, just because of shipping.

Afterward the lifetime of the mug is quite varying. I would say 1 of 6
doesn't last more than 1 year.

all in all, that makes something like 25% being trashed within the first
year, so i think we should give a try to plastic mugs if that's possible.