Postgres and likewise authentication

From: u235sentinel <u235sentinel(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Postgresql-Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgres and likewise authentication
Date: 2009-11-14 20:07:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I'm curious if anyone has tried to link postgres authentication with a
product called likewise.

Likesoft software will allow a linux/unix system to authenticate against
a windows domain. I have it working on several flavors of linux and
working on getting it tied into several samba shares. I've heard there
is a way to make it work with postgres but couldn't find any details.

I'm curious if anyone has tried to do this and would love any tips :D

Thanks!