Re: next CommitFest

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>, Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: next CommitFest
Date: 2009-11-12 07:08:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Robert Haas wrote:
> Here's an attempt.
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Running_a_CommitFest

Perfect, that's the sort of thing I was looking for the other day but
couldn't find anywhere. I just made a pass through better wiki-fying
that and linking it to the related pages in this area.

Two things look to be true at the moment:

1) The call for reviewers is already running late and needs to start ASAP.
2) Some of the experienced helpers from the previous CFs, like Selena,
should eventually be able to help, just everybody is busy during when
the first round of action has to happen here.

Given all that, I'm thinking that unless we get an enthusiastic
volunteer by tomorrow, I'll kick off the call for reviewers myself and
follow that through to initial patch assignments. I don't expect to
have as much time as Robert put into the last couple of CommitFests
after that, but this one looks smaller and with more familiar patches
than those.

--
Greg Smith 2ndQuadrant Baltimore, MD
greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com www.2ndQuadrant.com